Pediatric Emergency Assessment (PEA)
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about PEA VR Simulation.
- The Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT) module will first refresh the 3 PAT pillars (A) Appearance, (B) Work of Breathing and (C) Circulation to Skin.
- The learner will then be presented with an infant/toddler patient exhibiting various health states, clinically identifiable through manifestations of the three pillars of the PAT.
- HR, RR, BP and age will be displayed
- We will present 11 children, each displaying PAT findings that correspond to the six core PALS health states (listed below under objectives). The learner will be presented with a minimum of 6 random health states. If they fail any of the scenarios, there is a corresponding 2nd scenario of the same state that will be served up.
- The learner will need to identify the abnormal findings and then match to the corresponding health state
- Understand the causes of operating room fires
Vital Signs: Announced per scenario
Pertinent History: N/A for this App
Baseline Labs: N/A for this App
- Review Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT)
- Recognize a stable pediatric patient
- Recognize respiratory distress
- Recognize respiratory failure
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest
- Recognize CNS/Metabolic emergency
- Recognize shock (hypovolemic, distributive and cardiogenic)