$80-100K base, $120-150K OTE
Who we are:
The best training isn't watched or read. It's experienced. At Health Scholars' we're reimagining healthcare training with virtual reality. Our mission is to ensure every provider has the clinical experience needed to be competent and confident in any situation by providing immersive, interactive, and on-demand VR training. We're setting a new training standard that improves quality of care by partnering and co-developing with the leading medical professional societies.
- Be Fearless. Set big audacious goals and tackle everything that isn’t working or holds us back.Don’t be afraid to try something new, to ask tough questions, challenge your teammates or make a mistake. Fear, indecision, or settling will only hold us back.
- Seek Continuous Improvement. Come to work each-and-every day inspired and striving to be better than yesterday. Learn something. Make something. Lead something. Solve something -every day.
- Be a Team Player. Teamwork makes the dream work, so check your ego at the door, collaborate, offer support, and pitch in to make sure we accomplish our shared goals.
- Listen Curiously. Engage in active listening. Be present, ask the right questions, and seek to understand. Be authentic and thoughtful in your conversations, and make every interaction with each other, with our partners, and customers meaningful and enjoyable.
- Have Fun. Uhm, hello, what we’re doing is pretty freaking cool and a lot of fun. So let's keep it that way. Kindness, understanding, and a whole lot of laughter make the world and our office a better place.
What you will do:
An Account Executive at Health Scholars must have an entrepreneurial spirit, a hunter mentality with a desire to build a business. You are responsible for generating new annual recurring revenue (ARR) directly through the sales of Health Scholars clinical experience virtual reality applications to hospitals, health systems and emergency medical services by both following up on marketing generated leads and pursuing your own leads.
You will be required to seek, establish, and maintain high-level professional relationships with key decision makers and influencers, implement sales and marketing strategies within a given territory, and drive annual recurring revenue to achieve sales objectives. A successful candidate must possess a successful track record of selling to hospitals and health systems at the executive level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To drive sales and deliver annual recurring revenue results monthly, building a portfolio of clients with 400 bed or larger hospitals, academic medical centers, pediatric hospitals, health systems and top emergency medical services customers within the East Coast, USA.
- Learn our VR products, managed services, and market differentiators inside and out to make our products easy to buy.
- Providing continuous feedback back into the organization to drive the voice of the customer and high net promoter scores (or superior customer satisfaction).
- Be able to identify customer pain points and position and sell high-value solutions with SAAS pricing models.
- Have a challenger selling mindset: Understanding that relationship building is important but assisting clients with their strategic initiatives requires challenging them to think differently.
- Establishes credibility and builds relationships with multiple department heads, key decision makers and influencers at hospitals, including C-suite
- Successfully work independently and as part of a professional team.
- Technically astute to manage IT and other product related discussions.
- Undertake personal and professional development opportunities, including outstanding product knowledge, company initiatives, health care transformation, simulation, VR, and competitors.
- Ensure prompt follow-up on leads provided through Health Scholars lead generation activity.
- Maintain and track demo and evaluation inventory.
- Maintain Salesforce.com daily. Updating lead status, steps in sales cycle, anticipated close dates and sales volume per Single Sales Opportunities, and keep Account Profiles up to date to provide up to date visibility on account progress across the organization.
- Maintain expense reports within organizational timeframes.
- Travel requirements may be 50% -75% as needed.
- Other Duties as requested by VP of Sales or other management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting and ability to think on your feet.
- Understand clinical workflow and training within hospital and ambulatory environments.
- Must possess a minimum of five years successful selling experience to health systems; SaaS or healthcare services strongly preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Enjoy traveling domestically.
- Must exhibit Health Scholar values.
- Formal sales training - Challenger Sales training is preferred.
- Previous health system sales experience.
- Excellent computer skills. (Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point, Salesforce.com, MS Teams)
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs. travel cases/equipment.
- Communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Persuasive Skills, including the ability to make presentations and conduct demonstrations
- Collaboration Skills.
- Self-Motivating Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Group Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flex Spending Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Unlimited Time Off
- 401k Plan
Join our team and help us change healthcare with VR. Our company offers significant opportunity for motivated self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced environment that is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Health Scholars prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. Health Scholars is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Health Scholars and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.